JOINT COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY THE MASS-SPECC COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT CENTER AND NATCCO NETWORK (DAVAO COMMUNIQUE)
1. The members of the Joint Consolidation Committee of MASS-SPECC Cooperative Development Center and NATCCO Network held a meeting last November 23, 2014 at Lispher Inn, Davao City;
2. Both panels presented their respective General Assembly Resolutions, the common of which were: a. the adoption of the output of the Joint MASS SPECC-NATCCO Strategic Planning held in Cebu City; b. To pursue consolidation between the two cooperative federations and; c. the retention of membership of the respective Consolidation Committees. Meanwhile, the MASS-SPECC had another one on pursuing functional collaboration within 2014 and 2015;
3. The Joint Consolidation Committee deliberated and agreed on the major principles of the consolidation of the two biggest and strongest cooperative federations of the Philippines in the next months to come;
4. Both parties agreed on certain tasking and timelines on: a. the continuation of joint committee meetings to draft the consolidation plan; b. due diligence audit; c. Board of Directors meeting for the consideration of the consolidation plan; d. discussion with the management and staff; e. information drive to the members during ownership meetings and; f. the eventual presentation of the plan to the General Assembly of both federations;
5. The members of both panels had a parallel discussion on the complementation efforts among the two federations on the lending programs, training and consultancy, ATM and other services;
6. The Chairpersons and Chief Executive Officers of both MASS-SPECC and NATCCO look forward to the next meetings and other related activities as they are also discussing on the possibility of having a Joint Coop Leaders Congress and back-to-back General Assemblies with the Philippine Federation of Credit Cooperatives (PFCCO) in 2015 as a fitting tribute to the centennial anniversary of the passage by the Second Philippine Legislature, upon the initiative of Bulacan Governor Teodoro Sandiko, of Act No. 2508 or the “Rural Credit Law” last February 11, 1914.
Signed this 23rd day of November, 2014 at Davao City, Philippines.
(SGD)EDELITO C. SANGCO
(SGD)JOSE ROMEO B. EBRON
(SGD)LECIRA V. JUAREZ